Melda's Southern Barbeque
An easy and delicious recipe for southern style pork barbeque that is done in the crockpot!
At a glance
approx. 10-12 sandwiches
- 2-3 lb. pork roast (I prefer the boneless)
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 tbsp. worcestershire
- 2 tbsp. vinegar (I use apple cider)
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or overnight on low. DO NOT LIFT LID UNTIL COOKING TIME IS OVER! At end of cooking time remove meat from pot and discard liquid. Pull meat apart with 2 forks. Return meat to crockpot, add your favorite barbeque sauce. Heat in crockpot on high for about one hour.
- Serve with cole slaw on a nice roll!
- REMEMBER--DONT LIFT THE LID DURING COOKING!!