1 cup flour
½ cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
2 eggs, separated
1 cup frozen blueberries
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
2. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in milk.
3. Add lightly beaten egg yolks.
4. Blend together till batter is smooth (add a little more milk if needed to make the batter smooth).
5. Fold in frozen blueberries.
6. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
7. Chill, covered, for 30 minutes.
8. Form into fritters by making balls with two spoons dipped into hot water, and deep-fry (375 F) until golden brown.
9. Finish with powdered sugar